Have you heard about identity verification services? Whether you’re about to embark on a huge hiring campaign, or you’re simply looking for that perfect candidate to fill one key position, verification services can prove invaluable. Learn what these services are and how they can benefit your business in today’s blog post.
What Specific Services Are Involved?
There are several approaches that can be taken to verify someone’s identity. Depending on the position you’re hiring for, and the level of sensitivity involved with regards to personnel, trade secrets, or other areas, you may benefit from a more comprehensive approach.
Identity verification services may include some or all of the following:
- Consent Based Social Verification (CBSV): A search of the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) database to ensure that data supplied by the applicant matches the info stored in SSA records.
- SSN/Address History Trace: This tool pulls information from credit bureaus and other places to double-check names, nicknames, aliases, date of birth, address history, and more.
- E-Verify: This service makes use of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s resources to determine an applicant’s eligibility to work in the United States.
- Form I-9: This document works for verifying identity and employment authorization of citizens and non-citizens alike.
These verification services are tools that can help determine whether or not someone is lying about their identity or misrepresenting themselves on their resume or application.
Better Than A Lie Detector Test!
In a perfect world, everyone would be upfront about their identity, credentials, and abilities. In real life, however, some people feel the need to stretch the truth. Job applicants are no exception. While most applicants are representing themselves accurately, with no more than the occasional exaggeration about a particular skill (as in, they’re at an intermediate, not advanced, level of programming in a specific language), there are instances when candidates blatantly lie not only about their skills, education, and experience, but about their very identity as well.
You can’t bring every applicant into your business and hook them up to a lie detector machine! But you can do something better. You can hire the services of a company that specializes in identity verification services to vet applicants and dismiss anyone who’s misrepresenting themselves in a major way.
The Benefits To You And Your Company
One of the last things you want to deal with is identity theft. You don’t want to get excited about a job candidate that looks great on paper, bringing to the table the right set of skills you’re looking for, if that person is, in fact, a perpetrator of identity theft.
To discover whether or not someone has entered into your interviewing process under false pretenses, assuming another person’s identity, you have to take verification measures.
Here are some of the benefits that you and your company can gain from identity verification services:
- A safe and secure work environment
- Protection of your employees and their sensitive information
- Protection of your customers and colleagues
- Having well-qualified, honest individuals in key company roles
- Protecting yourself against possible lawsuits
- Ensuring you’re not hiring predators or violent criminals who might endanger others
NationSearch has put together several case studies you might be interested in reading that outline how our screening and identity verification services have prevented companies from hiring dangerous individuals.
Learn More About Identity Verification Services From NationSearch
Criminals will never tell you that they’re criminals! Someone involved in stealing someone else’s identify will do everything in their power to conceal this fact, especially when they’re looking for work. It is your responsibility to know who you are hiring; the health and well-being of your entire company (including your employees, customers, and associates) depend on YOU hiring the right people.
Arm yourself with information. Turn to NationSearch for high-quality, reliable, and affordable identity verification services that can prove that applicants truly are who they say they are, and can detect who is lying about their identity. Our services are affordable, and we can help you through a number of options including:
- Criminal Records Search
- Drug Screening
- Credentials Verifications
- FCRA Compliance
- ATS Integrations
To find out how we can help you with criminal records searches, identity verification efforts, and other background screening procedures, reach out to NationSearch today!