The Elements Of A Reliable ATS Tracking System
First of all, what is ATS?
An applicant tracking system is a method of keeping track of applicants and all the information they submit. It enables businesses to streamline their hiring process by automating steps and reducing the administrative load required for reviewing and selecting candidates. An ATS can also streamline onboarding for new hires. In short, it’s a great way to keep all of the gathered information well organized and keep the hiring process flowing.
A reliable applicant tracking system has the following key elements in place:
- Online Applications: Very few people mail in printed applications anymore. These days, everything is handled online.
- Mobile Optimization: People use their phones and other mobile devices extensively; give your applicants a way to access your system through their phones.
- Automated Communications: Gone are the days of typing personal letters to every applicant. While this would be nice, the sheer volume of applicants for most positions makes automated communications an absolute must.
- Smart Workflows: Recruiting workflows need to be smart to save you time; the best ATS setups are intuitive and offer you features you need to enable smart workflows.
- Scheduling: In addition to scheduling interviews, a tracking system needs to let you schedule automated responses at every step of the process.
- Feedback: A good system lets you send and receive feedback easily and quickly.
- Analytics: Gain valuable insights that can help you with everything from solving hiring bottlenecks to pinpointing the best sources for new hires for your industry.
- Compliance: Are you familiar with all of the compliance requirements? A solid ATS setup will ensure that you’re compliant with all the regulations that affect you, your business, and your industry as a whole.
- Customization: You don’t need every feature that an applicant tracking system offers, but you definitely HAVE to have certain ones. A customizable system lets you personalize tracking and related tasks to suit your preferences.
- Security: There’s a tremendous amount of sensitive information that applicants are providing; the system you use must have strong security measures in place to protect this data and keep it from falling into the wrong hands.
Benefits Of An Applicant Invitation Approach
Now that we’ve covered some of the major elements of a good applicant tracking system, let’s go over the benefits to you and to job candidates of a system that incorporates an applicant invitation approach. The beauty of this method is that it will find and attract some of the best qualified candidates out there; this is an especially important consideration when you’re hiring for a highly niched position or if you need to fill high-level executive roles.
An applicant tracking system can pre-qualify your applicant pool so that your business does not get inundated by hundreds (or even thousands) of applications to sort through. In addition to receiving a more manageable number of applications, you’ll get more qualified applicants.
Here are some other benefits of an applicant invitation approach:
- You get to specify the parameters that are relevant to you, helping you to eliminate non-qualified applicants from the get-go.
- When you invite applicants online, everything is handled electronically; there is no paperwork to track down.
- Since you won’t have to process mailed-in packets, you don’t have to worry about trying to decipher handwriting!
- All of the information is easy to search through and retrieve.
- Applications, resumes, and other relevant information from your invited applicants are stored securely.
- Everyone involved in the hiring process at your company and everyone who applied can enjoy quicker turnaround times.
A Customizable Applicant Tracking System
One of the favorite features of an applicant tracking system for anyone who has ever used one is the ability to customize it to make it your own! You get to define what your company needs to track. A customizable ATS lets you personalize it to your needs, choosing the setup that’s right for your business and the tracking that will pinpoint and follow the right applicants. Customization leads to a more secure, more manageable system to work with.
ATS integrations are important; your customizable applicant tracking system lets you be third-party integratable so you can tap into valuable, efficient hiring tools. Integrate with popular sites including AppliTrack, ADP, UltiPro, Cornerstone, HRsmart, PeopleFluent, SmartRecruiters, and many others.
Partnering With NationSearch
Now that we’ve gone over what makes a good applicant tracking system, we’d like to invite you to explore partnering with NationSearch for all of your recruiting, hiring, and onboarding needs. As a full-service employee screening company that’s been doing business since 1987, NationSearch regularly assists companies large and small through valuable screening services, including criminal records searches, credentials verifications, and ATS integrations. To learn how we can streamline your hiring process, get in touch with NationSearch today! Feel free to call us or use our convenient online form.