How do International checks differ from U.S. checks?
International background screenings differ from US checks in a variety of ways. Here are a few examples/reasons:
Within International searches:
- There is no social security number system by which individuals can be identified
- The laws in each country and province vary completely with regards to what, how and when information is dispensed
- The various court jurisdictions within each country don’t necessarily communicate with each other.
- Seldom, if ever, is there a country-wide search available.
- It is very difficult, if not impossible, for a background screening company to obtain information from within a country that is engaged in war.
- Typically, international search turnaround time ranges from a week or so to months, dependent upon what country the search is taking place in, and the type of search.
- Typically, providing additional information to aid in the search is required by the individual being searched.